West Coast underground king Glasses Malone has been heating up the streets of California for awhile since dropping his classic street album White Lightnin... Sticks. The Blu Division CEO has been through one deal and bounced back even stronger signing with Cash Money Records. His long awaited debut Beach Cruiser is set for a 2010 release. In the meantime Glasses is keeping the streets lit by consistently releasing material via whoisgmalone.com.
03:00PM ET December 31, 2009
Contributor: Branden J. Peters
A Rocky Williform Company
Here is Malone's non-political Top 10 album of the decade.
1. Jay Z –The Blueprint - The Best Rap Album Ever.
2. Scarface – Made - Face made his grand return to the mic and put out what I believed to be an unappreciated classic.
3. Lil Wayne - Tha Carter - Lil Wayne finally stepped into a true grown man's world with this album.
4. 50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin' - Gangsta Rap returned to the mainstream in a big way.
5. The Game - The Documentary - The West Coast is Back...Did you miss us?
6. Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 101 - D Boy music like never before!
7. Rick Ross - Deeper Than Rap - Don't front ni**a... this album is ridiculous. A couple less b**ch songs and it's a bonafied classic.
8. Rick Ross – Trilla – Yeah, so what, I like 2 Ross albums, not to mention Justice League's production.
9. Shawty Lo - Units in the City - Can't explain my attachment to this album. But man, it ain't a real street nigga breathing that didn't knock it.
10. Kanye West - Late Registration - Sophomore Jinx my ass, Mr. West came back retarded. Proper ass lyricism and even better production. This album also has one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.... "We Major" which coincidently has my favorite Nas verse on it. Not to mention Lupe's verse from Touch the Sky!